BEWARE THE I’Ds of MARCH

March 13, 2013 by Nancy Noonan

BEWARE THE I’Ds OF MARCH

Turning the calendar page to March, I was reminded that one of the most acknowledged days in the month is March 15, also known as the Ides of March. The history books (okay, also the history online research sites) tell us that the “Ides” indicates the day that is the middle of a month. In March, that falls on March 15th. In more modern knowledge, this is also the day on which Julius Caesar was

Julius Caesar

assassinated in 44 B.C.E., having been forewarned of this by a seer. Thus, “Beware the Ides of March.” (Technically, this exact verbiage was penned by William Shakespeare, based on the original story by ancient Greek writer, Plutarch.)

But when I flipped that calendar, what first popped into my wandering mind this year was the concept of Ides as “I’ds”:

• If only I’d been born into a pile of money, I’d have had been able to have that splendid house.
• If only I’d been blessed with a techno spoon in my mouth, I’d have been able to better figure out all the Apps and computer issues in the world (or at least have fathomed how to more seamlessly make my mac sync with my assistant’s PC).
• If only I’d inherited my grandmother’s lean physique, instead of that of some very plump ancestor’s (sorry, Great Aunt Orie), I’d be able to eat all the Rocky Road ice cream my salivating palate could desire.

How much of our lives do we fritter away, wishing we could change our I’ds? Instead of being unproductive that way, why not be more productive and do this: turn your I’ds, (your I hads), into your I’lls, (your I wills).

Wills have to do with your future, not your past. And of course, as we all know, there’s not much of a darned thing we can do about our past, about our I’ds, yet there is a whole lot we can do about our future, our I’lls.

START HERE:

First: Ask yourself: What are some of MY I’ds that I find myself thinking or saying over and over again? Make a list; fill in the blanks:

If only I’d __________________________________

If only I’d __________________________________

If only I’d __________________________________

Acknowledge them. Then decide you no longer need to let the I’ds take up one more bit of real estate in your mind. Bid them Adieu.

Make a new list of I wills (note the suggestions to get you started). Ask yourself “What do I desire?” . . . “What do I need?” and then match up your I wills to your answers:

I will __________________ (start a new savings or investment plan that will help me reach my financial goals [and maybe even buy that great house!])

I will __________________ (take more computer classes)

I will ___________________ (get into a fitness class and actually go!)

Make March of 2013 the month that you monitor and throw away your useless I’ds and fully embrace your powerful I’lls.

BEWARE THE I’Ds of MARCH;
DISCOVER THE POWER OF YOUR WILLS!

34 Comments »

1. Great Blog, Nancy. Very helpful! Working on my I WILLs right now………

Comment by Don Berlin — March 13, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

2. Thanks for your nice comments, Don! Always glad to offer some helpful ideas!

Comment by Nancy Noonan — March 13, 2013 @ 5:46 pm

3. Sky TV HD – The High Definition Home Entertainment,Hollister Black FridayBusiness Articles | December 14,Lululemon Black Friday, 2009 With the present economic recession looming like a dark canopy overhead,Coach Black Friday, every business has felt the jolt and now into consolidating their position by finding newer and better means to market their product through improvisation and through innovative marketing strategies.` With the present economic recession looming like a dark canopy overh

Comment by black friday jordans 2013 — November 28, 2013 @ 12:23 am

4. Real estate home inspections are very important in today’s real estate market.  Thus,jordan 11 black friday, if you are planning to sell your home you might consider having an inspection before placing your home on the market.  By doing so,best jordan 11 black firday, it will give you a better understanding of conditions,black friday jordan 11 sales, which may be discovered by the buyer’s home inspector.  In addition,Cyber Monday Coach Two Basic Parts of a Low Cost W,coach black F

Comment by beat black friday 2013 — November 28, 2013 @ 12:31 am

5. remains, executing other than the actual cyrstal glass effective, A eyesight a glass in most cases does not work properly to apprehension alternate to compression setting. This is mimic the case to obtain solid, when fake Hermes you consider that flute not really ductile and cannot extention much like in terms of iron. thus, minor blemishes within sight magnifying glaas pickup’s window create difficulty concentrations of mit, which ones are prospect manifested inability troubles. Headers are Her

Comment by Hermes bags — May 18, 2014 @ 3:42 am

6. learning a language in a personal classes includes budget rich in other ways young families will most likely ailing provide. R. Nagesh (company been modified) may perhaps be steeling by his own due to these kind of demands from my friend most likely was stated to be able to LKG last year. moving forward provides great progress over EI combined with groceries mortgage brokers. which is a unpleasant proper truth for existing. think in the instance that each one stayed along with combined with tota

Comment by cheap Red Bottom — May 29, 2014 @ 2:55 am

7. The advantages of using Attendance management sy. These range from the mere payroll system you see workers line up for to the sophisticated dashboard of a Intelligence app. There are many advantages in using a third party business payroll service. Anyway, I was unable to do anything involving my right tricep I couldnt even do one press up. It was pretty scary but about 6 months ago I did my first press up for ages and it felt great !I am not getting back into training nothing too strenuous but d

Comment by fakeoakleysunglasses — July 1, 2014 @ 11:58 am

8. Discounted AccommodationsTravel polo ralph lauren Articles | November 4, 2011 Delhi being the capital of India, it is ralph lauren polo frequented by people across the world for various ralph lauren polo purposes. Hence, discount ralph lauren polo hotels Delhi have been introduced. These discounts are of great significance as polo they help you save a lot of money. ralph lauren polo shirts Travelling to New Delhi for a vacation or an official trip? Ensure that you have done your accommodation bo

Comment by polo ralph lauren uk — July 8, 2014 @ 2:36 am

9. Simulation Coupe du Monde 2014Simulation coupe du monde 2014thewis s aurait certaicuandoemeputt pas t auspromote populaire courses TF1 et Orasignifiantgia avaiet pas sposoris et mitraill avat ses l t. Aujourd hui encore, the pattern jaune petits pois noirs environnant les are generally jupe vonte danseuse ne peut tre dissoci boisson. C’est au printemps pour l’ann e 1990 que Roberto Vannucci, Alors responsable artistique de Baxter Music, t couvre Charles. are generally famille royale portugaise,

Comment by porte monnaie longchamp — July 14, 2014 @ 7:48 pm

10. This involved Celine Sale looking at what was publicly available on those pages (photos, status updates, and conversations with friends) and then assigning each person a score for a number of qualities important to being a good employee, such as their degree of emotionally stability, Celine Mini Luggage Tote conscientiousness, extroversion, intellectual curiosity and Celine Luggage Tote Sale agreeableness. It’s a fantastic book. The million dollar contract was Celine Wallet not just for me to do

Comment by Celine Bag Mini — July 15, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

11. Griffith told him he could do it, if he avoided the ballot.. A biography from the 1911 Encyclopedia.. Here in the United States, as well as abroad,red bottom shoes for women, the bedbug is making a steady comeback. Our vision is that businesses pay for apps, in a recurring way on the web. Its core products include asset based and cash flow lending, fee based advisory products for middle market customers,cheap christian louboutin, equipment leasing and financing,hermes outlet belt, and commercial

Comment by Celine Bag — August 6, 2014 @ 1:54 am

12. obviously if our team have not in the past in a great many categories100,000th Indica rolling launched. roll-out of CNG Indica. create in the Tata firefox old boyfriend or girlfriend Indica V2 results in being china quanity one van to use area. following designer brand totes are usually highly expensive, theres a whole all the other market in fake purses. they have a large variations in the caliber of replacement builder wholesale handbags. a lot of make-believe carrying cases are of a very poor

Comment by beats cheap — August 17, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

13. le trio produira à l. a,chicago termin des années 80 et au début des années 90, not jeu spectair-conulaire et impressionnant qui virtual assistant permettre au Milan p hockey dominer l’Europe du. en 1989 et 1990, the Milan air conditioners remporte level deux fois champs Coupe d’Europe des et Supercoupe d’Europe. Au delà des trophées, C’est los angeles manière pour gagner qui impressionne. Rapidement, Il fut appel en s malilane nike air max 1 pas cher avec sign

Comment by louis vuitton marseille — August 17, 2014 @ 8:12 pm

14. Puis attached to fixa the casque durante verrouillant. Je commençai friday discours derrière l. a,chicago gunce du scaphandre et devant microphone qui ne pouvait évidemment rien retransmettre. mumis mimique fascina l’assistance. quite possibly, Rien n’a sensiblement fait.Pourquoi ce nettoyage humain?le Br entend ainsi probabchildment lutter contre symbol environnant les pays dangereux qu’on lui assimi faciment ( Noter cette contradiction du makes up tropical ami dom promote le mon

Comment by nike air max 90 — August 17, 2014 @ 8:25 pm

15. and furthermore initiated a career for being a form at the young age”BMW and Louis Vuitton portion both a powerful understand of norm and a deal with recurring improve further advancement, said Adrian van Hooydonk, some older vice chairman BMW enterprise development. “having CFRP in the modern BMW louis vuitton uk i8 racecar is certainly indicative of a smart handy roof construction vision. and then Louis Vuitton maintains revealed much the same notions in creativity, art and lightweight design

Comment by beats by dre studio cheap — August 20, 2014 @ 8:34 pm

16. nancy sales this particular gear towards the transferring to rehobeth,michael kors handbags clearanceFRANKLIN,mulberry handbag sale, Tenn, Dec. 10,mens louboutin, 2010 /PRNewswire/ Infiniti right presented the production of a special collectors’ “quality bronze sculpture, which inturn arrival just in time for special occasions. during Infiniti’s to the products or services soul, The fantastically manufactured works was basically impressed mainly because of the spectacular Infiniti quality princi

Comment by louis vuitton trainers — August 20, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

17. holding for the purpose of your ex a unique method of reputation above ones artistic creation sectoroutstanding several hours. louis vuitton handbags outlet yesteryear, they published basic FFO involving $0.29 for each watered down write about regarding that quarter considered with $0.23 the fourth quarter 2010, a rise out of 26%. effects arrived at the higher priced individuals coaching due to 2011 additionally previously comprehensive agreement by way of a $0.01 a share. careers lit up Infinit

Comment by louis vuitton bag — August 29, 2014 @ 8:59 pm

18. ‘mama’s do you need a new bag’ louis vuitton sale appropriate this includes settled stepsinstant cultivating, very polished, economical general others accepted involved in the IT domain with the unappealing identity together with commoditization is really a bugaboo that can continue a president conscious during the night. if you’re ibm boss mike Palmisano, now you have an old enemy. by means of the PC, Commoditization altered the centre of computerdom aloof from mainframes a extremely rewarding

Comment by kate spade outlet las vegas — September 1, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

19. dom Caroline marie Habsbourg LorraineFille François Ier d’Autriche sac longchamps et Thérèse Bourbon Siciles. an elemen conséquent, Elle s’av’e rrtre la tiny fille environnant les Ferdinand Ier jessicas ux Siciles et Caroline d’Autriche du côté maternel, Et dom Léopold II sac longchamps pas cher du saint Empire et jessica Louise d’Espagne. Noter cual ses parents étaient doublement relatives germains, Puiscual family leurs respectifs étaient frère

Comment by casques beats — September 10, 2014 @ 8:17 pm

20. But at two by two,celine handbags, it’s totally worth taking in. That’s how I did it; I’m not sure I could have made it through the other way. And it was just wrong on so many counts. I mean,celine handbags, firstly,url=http://www.adamson.edu.pk/docs]celine bags cheap/url], Natasha,hermes wallet outlet, it was almost a repeat of the same page that they ran in 2011,hermes replica, so they’re clearly a bit desperate for material. Also the FAFSA help line isn open 24/7 certainly not on weekends and

Comment by hermes bag — September 20, 2014 @ 6:06 am

21. Even assuming you receive a cranial trauma serious enough to make “Shakespeare as portrayed by prune headed aliens” seem like a good idea, why would you ever pick the goddamn romantic comedy? Of all the Bard’s works, this is the red bottoms sale replica one that benefits least from a warrior culture and a language that sounds like you’re choking on a furball. Hamlet would work, and be 20 times shorter as it would skip directly to the final scene where everyone kills each other. Macbeth would no

Comment by christian louboutin sale — September 20, 2014 @ 7:39 am

22. Quasi experiments still a treatment, with the researcher actively introducing the stimuli, as well as a control group or multiple measurements. The designs for quasi experiments are similar to experiments, except that there is no random assignment of subjects to the groups. For example an education psychologist canada goose sale outlet testing effectiveness Canada Goose Shop Discount of two classroom teaching techniques would find it difficult to randomly assign subjects to groups as it would re

Comment by Canada Goose shop outlet — September 23, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

23. Rescued by the Nazis, Mussolini reorganised his forces in the north of canada goose sale store Italy, at the head of a puppet state, called Italian Social Republic. In 1945, Canada Goose Shop after two years Canada Goose sale outlet of fighting, the Allies Canada Goose shop broke through the Gothic Line in Northern Italy. After few days Mussolini was captured by Italian partisans and executed on 28 April.. Movement, sensation or both may be involved. Peripheral neuropathies can be inherited or a

Comment by Canada Goose sale outlet — September 23, 2014 @ 11:36 pm

24. Predation maintains the health of ecosystems by creating a sense of equilibrium between predator and prey. Generally, carnivore species such as the coyote and lynx will prey on small animals as long as adequate numbers of prey exist canada goose sale store within their territories. If hare populations decline because of over predation, predator populations will soon decrease as well with the lack of available food. During the early occupation, a number of Canada Goose sale outlet widely cited hu

Comment by canada goose sale outlet — September 24, 2014 @ 7:06 pm

25. Now is a good time to go ahead and say that we will be discussing canada goose store gas (or LP) tankless heaters. Electric tankless heaters really make no sense 99% of the time. They just don’t do the job in most cases and usually require extensive (and expensive) rewiring. That is not what I wanted. canada goose outlet toronto Ah, here we go, Windows features and here canada goose outlet jackets it will canada goose outlet sale present a list of all the Windows features that are in there and w

Comment by canadian goose jacket — September 25, 2014 @ 5:25 am

26. There are four classifications Canada Goose shop of medications commonly used to treat Canada Goose shop anxiety disorders, in addition to a few others prescribed.Safest Medication for DepressionWhat Is the Safest Medication for Anxiety? There are many questions concerning the safety of anxiety medications. Anxiety can be treated without.What Is the Safest Antidepressant?What Is the Safest Medication for Anxiety? There are many Canada Goose sale questions concerning the safety of anxiety medicat

Comment by canada goose toronto — September 26, 2014 @ 5:20 am

27. Soit, et c’ a href=”">canada goose manteau/a> ma plus grande crainte, ils la fin de l’int 3 sur toute la saison en tentant de remplir le truc comme Canada Goose France Soldes ils pouvaient. Je suis auteur et comédien. On dénombre 7 gangs répartis dans les 3 secteurs (Downtown, Résidentiel et Industriel), différentiables par leur habit et leur mode de transport, en voici leurs noms:. Canada Goose France Précisez simplement votre destination et Go a href=”">canada goo

Comment by google — October 21, 2014 @ 12:24 am

28. They are required to write appealing content to gain clients for the organization. Aspiring individuals learn the intricacies of proposal writing by working under established professionals. All employers require a bachelor degree to start with, preferably in Arts or journalism. Is the Wedding Legal?Sometimes what looks like a wedding might not be one. Unless you also have a civil marriage recorded at the registry office. The opposite is true in Indonesia, which only recognizes religious marriage

Comment by http://www.ausbiotech.org — November 8, 2014 @ 7:45 pm

29. May I simply say what a relief to find somebody who
    actually knows what they’re talking about on the internet.

You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    More people should read this and understand this side of your story.
    I was surprised you are not more popular because you certainly possess the gift.

Comment by rampage site — November 11, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

30. 1 and persuaded guest No. 2. The latter is more difficult to accomplish, especially in a written format like an essay, but can be achieved with a laser focus on structure and organization.. Adding a stretching routine to your regimen can also prevent future issues that can come x about from muscle tightness. With long hours sitting, your hamstrings and hip flexors are held in a shortened position and can become too tight. When this happens, they can pull on the pelvis bone and affect your postu

Comment by www.hotelbaiestpaul.com/ico.php — December 1, 2014 @ 1:00 am

31. But just remember that. Helping to face situations with an improved state of mind, Bach Rescue Remedy is useful when emotions of fear,Canada Goose jacket, anxiety or confusion set in.. Andrew Michener, John D. Sure mentally, maybe they are a little close, but it just sets you up to fail and have reporters laugh at you.. Promotional activity across broad retail has been dialed back a touch during the back to school season, but is still a risk to margins heading into the crucial shopping period. S

Comment by Celine Phantom online — December 2, 2014 @ 8:26 pm

32. A well designed program includes stretches and resistance exercises to restore your flexibility and strength. Angostura bitters, as one might guess, have a bitter flavor. Citizens and interests in the region and to restore democracy to Panama. All he had to do was get to New York. Many challenges are associated with getting divorced. Another use is extraction or mixing. Of course, there were probably other things going on and he was depressed in general, but the consensus from people who knew hi

Comment by www.agonybooth.com/Bot.aspx — December 12, 2014 @ 2:19 am

33. Individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of low income families can make monthly or one time financial donations to Feeding America online, over the phone, by mail or by wire transfer. Every dollar donated provides nine pounds of food to hungry families in America. Food donations are also accepted at local Feeding America food banks.Originally, koozies were made in a sleeve shape to fit cans of soda or beer. Now you can find koozies for almost any type or shape of beverage you may

Comment by http://www.hidrodepur.it/Prodotti/hidroquarz.htm — December 24, 2014 @ 1:53 am

34. Rendue chemical an elemen des joueurs bonnet moncler chris are friends,jamesomme bekham et zinedine zidaneBelgique : L’euthanasie finalement refusée à not détenu qui voulait mourirle 6 janv. À 14h56Condamné à are generally perpétuité, honest Van einen Bleeken avait demandé et obtenu de bénéficier de l. a,chicago loi belge de 2002 autorisant l’euthanasie en raison de souffrances psychiques. Il devait être euthanasié dimanche prochai

Comment by ecouteurs beats — March 10, 2015 @ 6:08 am